Be touched by the peaceful sounds of mysterious nature by participating in Tarangire day trip. Experience the exotic scenery of the park wildlife and be touched by people driven to help others and each other.
- Minimum group size: 1 person
- Starting point and ending point: Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) or Dar es salaam
- Main wildlife to be viewed: wildlife and big five safaris
- Children policy: Minimum age allowed for participation is 2 yrs.
- Languages: French, German, and Spanish
- All transportation within the safari
- Daily meals and drinking water
- Game drive.
1-Day Tarangire Tour
Day 2: Arusha to Tarangire natonal park
Drive from Arusha to Tarangire National Park for game drive, Tarangire s the sixth largest national park covers an area of approximately 2,600 square kilometers. Tarangire is famous for its huge number of elephants, baobab trees and tree climbing African pythons. Later you will depart to Arusha town or be transferred to the airport for your home flight.
The park's dominant feature is the Tarangire River. Although it gets very dry, the park is relatively thickly vegetated with acacia shrubs and mixed woodland. Most memorable of which are the huge baobab trees dotted around in big numbers. Herds of up to 300 elephants can be found, looking for underground streams, in the dry riverbeds while migratory wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala, gazelle, hartebeest and eland crowd the shrinking lagoons. Dry-country antelope such as fringe-eared Oryx and the long-necked gerenuk are also regularly spotted. Abandoned termite –mounds often house mongoose colonies. All the main predators are present but, because of thick vegetation, not spotted as often as in some of the other parks in northern Tanzania.
The Above rates include:
- Park entry fees for the whole safaris as per the program,
- Transport in 4x4 landcruiser
- Services of English speaking local tour guide/ driver.
- 1 Litre of mineral bottled water per person per day.
- Game drives.
The Above rates exclude the following:
- Gratuities to local guide/drivers based on a driver guide per vehicle.
- Any service not detailed in the itinerary
- Items of a personal nature: i.e. room service, laundry, telephone, alcoholic drinks.
- Comprehensive personal travel insurance for the journey.
The Extra activities
- Balloon safari $500.00 per person
- Cultural village visit $ 15.00 per person.